Siteground is ranking #1 in over 30 Facebook Polls and as a result it is trending in 2019. According to me, Siteground is the best shared WordPress hosting provider and is therefore highest rated hosting provider and recommended by WordPress officially.Visit their official site: www.siteground.com
I have been using Siteground since last 3 years and i am more than satisfied with it. I have used Godaddy, WpEngine, Bluehost, Namecheap but so far Siteground has been the best. Though their renewal charges are high but they do offer speed, 99% uptime ( 100% for me till date), Quality Support and many other premium features. Therefore, I am going to give my honest siteground hosting review in depth.
Siteground is a popular option for WordPress Community
It is officially recommend by WordPress.org as well on their official page thus in their own words, SiteGround is “one of the biggest and brightest of the hosting world”.
Why Siteground is doing a commendable job and ranks #1 in more than 30 Facebook Polls ?
As a result, during my research,check below i have collected screenshots of some facebook group polls.
Siteground loads your site 4X Faster.
- Firstly, they use SSDs ( Solid State Drives) in all of their servers because SSDs are 30% faster than HDDs which are mostly used by cheap hosting companies and thus it leads to quick load time.
- Siteground has its own SuperCacher which stores the data in their systems RAM and helps in faster delivery on request and as a result 4 times better speed.
- Regular Software Updates and timely maintenance is another major factor as regular updates and fixes removes any vulnerabilities and unnecessary slowdowns.
Very Quick Server Response Time and 99.9% Uptime
To demonstrate, below are the major reasons for excellent server response time and server performance.
- Linux Containers Technology (LXC)
- It uses less resources and thus provides great stability in peak traffic times.
- Pro-active Server Monitoring system
- This system is built in-house by their DevOps team and thus it not only provides solutions to current problems but also can warn about the future problems which might happen.
- Anti Bot AI
- Another key point, to fend off brute force attacks by bots the DevOps team developed an Artificial Intelligence solution which can terminate between 500,000 to 2,000,000 brute force attempts per hour across all of their servers, to protect users sites and data.
- Secure Account Isolation
- They offer CHROOT isolation on SHARED SERVERS which was not offered by other hosting companies and was a big innovation back in the year 2008 and hence, it leads to better server stability.
Excellent Customer Support
- 24/7 Live Chat, Tickets and Phone Support Available.
- They have staff which works in shifts and each timezone is being take care of, so no matter when you call them, or use their live chat or ticket system, someone is always there to assist you.
- They respond to tickets in less than 10 mins and for call and live chat, response is much better and waiting time is not more than 5 mins and as a result always use Live Chat.
- Priority Support for GROW BIG and higher plans.
- As a matter of fact, tickets raised by growbig or higher plan users are taken care of on priority. Moreover, their team assist by remote access as well if needed.
- Knowledge Based Articles
- They have well written knowledgebase articles and as a result most of the common problems and their solutions can be found there which is helpful for the user to fix simple problems themselves and a lot to learn as well.
I have always used Live Chat and till date they have helped me in any problem i have faced since last 4 years. They also assist in deep technical problems as well which is beyond their scope.
Not to mention, Siteground offers Free Daily Backup for Shared and Cloud Hosting Plans.
In case of mishap, you can easily restore the website yourself using their built in backup restore tool.
Backup is done automatically and is kept for past 30 days for shared hosting and upto 7 days for cloud hosting which is magnificent whereas backup for Cloud hosting is not provided by other hosts.
Helps in Free WebSite Migration
For Grow Big account and higher plans, they offer ONE FREE website transfer for each account unlike other hosting providers.
I did asked them to transfer https://www.developingsense.com/ and significantly they did it professionally. They just asked for Old Host Cpanel access and after that they did the migration for free.
60% OFF for New Customers
Siteground offers big discount for first time users such as they offer 60% off on regular prices of their hosting plans. In order to get maximum out of this, always go for 3 years subscription first up if you serious about your website business.
Siteground Hosting Plans and Features
Siteground has shared hosting to enterprise custom based plans for every type of customer whether it is for an individual blogger or big corporate companies.
SHARED HOSTING PLANS
Shared hosting is what most of the users look forward to and therefore there are STARTUP, GROWBIG and GOGEEK Plans starting from $3.95/mo with big discounted introductory offer.
|Free Email Accounts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|30 Days Moneyback||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Super Cacher||Level 1 Only||All 3 levels||All 3 levels|
|Free Site Transfer||No||Yes||Yes|
|Live Chat, Tickets, Call||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free Let’s Encrypt SSL||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Visit Host||Visit Host||Visit Host|
Likewise, check more features on their official site click here.
In summary, cloud hosting is a fully managed scalable service for growing businesses and it includes dedicated 24/7 VIP support and it offers guaranteed resources.
Additionally, there is an option for custom Cloud hosting plan as well suiting client needs which can be estimated using their Custom Cloud Tool. Check below:
DEDICATED & ENTERPRISE HOSTING
In brief, this is for someone who is looking for dedicated servers or enterprise hosting space. Generally speaking, these are quite expensive but they offer premium features which you can’t get anywhere else.
But mostly more than 80% of websites use Shared Hosting because it is cheap therefore, i personally recommend Siteground.
MY PERSONAL VERDICT
Do i recommend Siteground ? By all means, YES I DO
According to me, as i told above after going through many premium web hosts,till date Siteground is my best hosting provider and as a WordPress Developer it is due to the below reasons :
- Fast server response time and thus better page load results.
- As a developer, i can create unlimited email accounts for personal and testing purposes and moreover for my clients as well.
- Likewise, it offers Free Let’s Encrypt SSL which costs many bucks in Godaddy and other popular hosting companies
- Ability to create subdomains, databases without any limit which is something i felt restricted when i used other hosting providers.
- Not to mention, Free CDN is provided as well.
- Furthermore, Cpanel and SSH access to get most of .
- Amazing Support, i always felt at ease as i knew that their support is always there to assist me in case of any mishap and felt secured during development of my client sites.
- Free Daily Backup together with amazing restore tool which i have used many times and it just takes 2 mins and even less to restore a website.
- One click CMS installs and i was able to install WordPress in seconds due to this feature for my client staging sites and it saved my time.
I can think of only one limitation of Siteground and that is limited resources in their shared hosting plans and expensive renewal price.
Overall, Siteground is given precedence over other hosting companies in over 30 facebook polls and is leading in Shared hosting and it is because of their premium service quality and their never ending efforts and it is worth the renewal price.
|Server Response Time|