Want to manage your business properly?
Today, you manage many things at a time with a good smartphone or IPhone in your hand, then why not business management? Yes, you can better manage your small business with these smart revolutionary apps in your pocket.
Business apps for Professionals
These cool business apps assist you in your business.
It is a cloud-based customer service solution app. It helps its users to improve customer satisfaction and lowering the costs at the same time. It has got great self-service tools which are quite easy to use. Also, it offers one on one customer support in it. You can get a trail of the app for free and then get it if you like.
This free app allows its users to create detailed expenses report easily. This app is specifically designed for small businesses whose employees travel quite frequently. With this app, you can track travel expenses of your employees and also can book hotels and flights for them. You can link your credit card with this app for automatic transactions once you approve the travel expenses.
Parature for Facebook
Parature allows you to link a dedicated 24*7 customer service center along with your business page on Facebook. This app is cloud-based software which offers you with Parature’s self-service knowledge base to the Ticket support system and chat. Its cost varies with the number of clients attached with your business.
If you want to quickly view your business documents, then this is the best app for you. With QuickOffice in your mobile phone or tablet, you can open, edit and save your office documents very easily.
Shoeboxed is a free expense tracking app which allows its users to capture receipts and then file them for reimbursement. If you are falling short of time, then you can mail all the receipts to the company and they will input the receipts for you. And, at the same time you will get detail of your expenses in the form of a digital file.
As soon as you get up in the morning, you can view the agenda of the day with this Agenda app in your phone. This is a smart app which will make its own guesses for the things that you wish to do or that you add into your agenda. Thus, this app will assist you to plan your day in an organized manner.
Pocket is a great app for collecting the things of your taste or related to your business. Whether it is a blog post, an article, images or anything related to your work, it will be saved in this app so that you can read them whenever you find time.
A plan to make INDIA a Digital Nation by The Narendra Modi – Prime Minister of India by the end of year 2019.
Aim: This campaign aims to create a digitally empowered nation and knowledge economy.
Vision: The Digital India campaign is centered on 3 key areas rendering the Department of Information Technology and Electronics. These are:
- Providing digital infrastructure as utility to common man
- Providing governance and services as per demand
- Empowering the Indian citizens digitally
This includes internet as a care utility, mobile phones and bank accounts for all the citizens so that they can make transactions electronically, enabling cashless services in real time. Also this includes universally accessible credentials of every citizen of India through digital lockers.
Listed below are the nine pillars of Digital India:
- Public internet access
- Broadband highways
- Jobs in IT
- Early harvest
- Electronics manufacturing
- Knowledge and information for every citizen
- Universally accessible phones
To make this campaign a reality, The Government has started working on it. Just take a look what has been done till date to make India a Digital Nation:
- in: According to the PM, e-governance is the need of the hour. For this, mygov.in named website has been launched on 26/07/2014 so that each and every citizen of India may participate in its governance.
- gov.in: The government employees of India are known for their lazy work style. With this website, one can track the government employee attendance online with the help of newly installed Biometric Attendance System.
- New e-ticketing platform: The newly launched IRCTC website is fully loaded with enhanced features for booking capacity of 7,200 tickets/ minute. This will help to book tickets easily in no time.
Few applications have also n=been launched to make Digital India program a reality. Few are listed below:
- IRCTC connect: This app allows its user to book tickets, check the reservations, train routes and many more.
- Karnataka Mobile governance: The users of this app can pay bills, property tax, apply for driving licenses and fill IT returns etc.
- Incredible India: This app focusses on tourism of India and one can easily access the information on Ministry of Tourism.
Apart from these apps the government is has started .bharat as a domain to enhance the reach of internet to every nook and corner of the country.
However, the Indian Government has started many new projects to empower the Nation digitally but still this is a very long way and there are many challenges in the road of success of this ‘Digital India Program’.
Why to defend internet freedom in India?
What is this term “Net neutrality?
In simple words, it is a principle according to which the internet service providers should enable the access to all the applications and content regardless of the source. And also they should not block or favor particular websites or products.
Due to this principle, in India, people can have access to internet and gain knowledge freely. They have the freedom of speech and freedom to use internet. As every internet customer has equal right to access the lawful websites and services without any discrimination.
How can Net Neutrality be violated?
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is planning to allow the telecom companies like Airtel, Vodafone etc. to block websites and some other services or applications for extorting more and more money from customers. And if this happens, this would be an extreme violation of this principle, Net Neutrality.
Why Net Neutrality should not be violated?
Now when you know what the term Net Neutrality means and how TRAI is planning to violate this. Also, Airtel has come up with Zero Marketing Platform. According to this, the Airtel users can use and access those websites or applications (tied -up with Airtel) at zero data charges.
The debate on Net Neutrality has turned out to be a fight against common Indian citizen and big telecom companies. In a democratic country like India it is quite unfair to be a bit ambitious for these big telecom companies. As they only want to make money at any cost and this is not only unfair but also not-ethical for the betterment of the country.
If Net Neutrality is being violated, there will be Internet Discrimination in India. According to Airtel’s Zero marketing platform, one cannot access the websites or applications which will not be allowed by the company.
At the same time, this may have negative impact on startups. Since the country like India, many of the startup businesses may depend on internet only for their sales. And if this freedom of internet gets violated, these starters may get discouraged.
So, in a democratic and developing country like India, Internet access should not be under these private companies so that each and every citizen can enjoy the freedom of speech and freedom of using internet.
It has been couple of months back in August when Google announced that in restructuring process, they will open a parent company called Alphabet. The reason behind the move was that, it will allow the different parts of their businesses to run independently.
Now it is official, that Google is a subsidiary of ALPHABET.
As a result of this, each stock of google will be now automatically converted to Alphabet stock.
Here is the full official statement released
Google Proceeds With Implementation of New Operating Structure
Google Inc. announced today that, pursuant to its previously announced plans to create a new public holding company, Alphabet Inc. (“Alphabet”), by implementing a holding company reorganization (the “Alphabet Merger”), it expects that the Alphabet Merger will close after the close of business on October 2, 2015. Google anticipates that shares of Google Class C Capital Stock and shares of Google Class A Common Stock will begin trading as Alphabet Class C Capital Stock and Alphabet Class A Common Stock, respectively, on the NASDAQ Global Select Market on October 5, 2015. Shares of Alphabet Class C Capital Stock and shares of Alphabet Class A Common Stock will continue to be traded under the same ticker symbols under GOOG and GOOGL, respectively.
Update: The Alphabet merger is now effective. For more information on the merger, please see Alphabet’s Form 8-K filed on October 2, 2015.
Google’s business which includes Search, YouTube, Maps etc. will all be now a subsidiary of Alphabet.Moreover, each of these will have their own different CEO.
Search Engines like Google, Bling, and Yahoo! etc. are becoming intelligent these days. And when you publish a website or post on World Wide Web, you want that to be searched and ranked high. Here are few tips and tricks using WordPress which can be used to make your website eye-catchy!
1. Content is the key: Content is the master for any website or post as it contains keywords and relevant information. While writing the content for your website or post, you need to consider few things like:
- Using keywords wisely
- Write Understandable and easy content
- Focus on the audience and not search engine
2. Backlinks trafficking: You can use this trick by linking your page or content to relevant sites with high rank in search engines. But make sure not to link if there is no relation between your content of the website or post and the linked website.
3. Relevant naming of image files: Search engine considers both the text and images of the post while crawling. You should name the image relevant to your topic and also you can use keywords for the same to promote your website.
4. Include keywords in permalinks: Make your website’s or post’s permalink concise and crisp, keeping this in your mind that only first four words are relevant in your permalink.
5. Make use of SEO themes: while deciding your website theme on WordPress, consider the theme which contains less coding as the theme with more coding, may contain less keywords. This may determine the ranking of your website.
6. Generate Sitemap in Xml: You can generate sitemap in XML using WordPress or Google plugins. You can also use some other tools for your website like Webmaster Central and Website Optimizer.
7. Avoid black hat techniques: Do not play tricks with smart and intelligent search engines like Google. Using Black hat techniques is a punishable offense to promote your website. So try to stay away from these kinds of tricks.
8. Promote on Social networking sites: You can make use of social media to promote your website or post. This way you can publicize it online and that too free of cost.
9. Circumvent the use of Flash: Since Flash is virtually invisible to the search engines. Try not to use it and rather you can use WordPress for the same.
10. Draw special attention to keywords and informative content: As discussed earlier, content is the key of your website. Highlight the informative content, headings etc. which contain keywords and relevant information. This trick is also helpful to promote your website.